We want the hear the voices of the region on resilience economies at the VII Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction in the Americas and the Caribbean (RP2020).
If you are passionate, like to tell stories in a different format and contribute to the awareness and dissemination of disaster risk reduction then we are looking for you to deliver a resilience talk! The selected speaker will have travel costs covered to attend the RP2020; this includes air travel, daily subsistence allowance and terminals costs for the three days of event (travelling on the 7th of July and return on the 11th of July 2020). The RP2020 will happen in the Convention Center of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Each participant will have to arrange its VISA and entry requirement to Jamaica.
1. What is a Resilience TalK?
The main theme of the RP2020 is Resilient Economies, which implies the ability of a system, community or society exposed to hazards to resist, absorb, accommodate, adapt to, transform and recover from the effects of a hazard in a timely and efficient manner, including through the preservation and restoration of its essential basic structures and functions through risk management. A resilient economy refers to reducing the economic losses caused by disaster and also making investment decisions informed by risk.
We want to hear a speaker talking in any innovate conference format to convene what they believe resilient economy is to the rest of the participants. The talk should be presented live during the RP2020 in any innovate presentation format that lasts maximum 5 minutes.
2. What are we looking for?
- Innovative & dynamic presentation format
- Represents the region of the Americas and the Caribbean
- Convince about the importance to build resilient economies related to disaster risk reduction.
- Used clear data and figures related to resilient economies in the Americas and the Caribbean region.
- Have a striking title - Include an innovative focus on DRR and resilient economies.
- Use a story to illustrate the resilience talk. - Use language easy to understand.
- The presentation should not be longer than 5 minutes.
- Tell us in a brief page why should you be the selected as the resilience speaker.
• The resilience speaker must be on site for the duration of the conference with availability of 1 hour previous to the talk.
• The resilience speaker should be responsible of preparing any support materials for the presentation.
- Are you over 18?
- Do you reside in the Americas and Caribbean region?
- Do you like to tell stories in a short and innovative format?
- Are you a clear communicator and collaborator?
- Are you passionate about disaster risk reduction?
- Are you fluent in English or Spanish or both?